• Uncategorized 29.08.2008

Updated 10/14/08 – Casey Anthony has been indicted by a grand jury on seven counts including 1st Degree Murder and is in police custody. More info here.
    Casey’s Bond has definitely been revoked. Details lower in the entry or click here.
    I had to run in to work for shift change and while there I received an email that Casey has been arrested. I don’t have any details but will be updating this post as I get confirmation. Orange County deputies are holding a press conference right now as well according to Central Florida News13 so if you get that station you can check it out.
    9:52PM – According to the Orlando Sentinel Orange County Sheriff’s deputies arrived at the Anthony House around 8:30PM and came back out about three minutes later with Casey Anthony in handcuffs. So far we don’t know what the charges are, although I would imagine murder.
    10:59PM – Remember those people I was bitching about earlier? Apparently a couple of dozen showed up at the house tonight. The Sentinel has that story:

More than two dozen people tonight are milling around Hopespring Drive outside the home of Casey Anthony — the mother of missing 3-year-old Caylee Marie.
    Some started yelling at the house. One woman who identified herself as Kittie Gonzalez walked by the house chanting “Casey is a murderer! She needs to go back to jail!”
    Casey Anthony’s mother, Cindy, came outside and spoke to Gonzalez for several minutes. As reporter swarmed the two, Anthony invited Gonzalez inside to sit down and talk. She asked her to calm down so her blood pressure would not rise.
    Gonzalez asked Cindy Anthony if she asked her daughter where Caylee is located.
    “Yes and she doesn’t know,” Cindy Anthony replied.
    Other people began yelling at Anthony and eventually she went back inside.

That’s just the tip of the iceberg though. There were even nicer people there,

Two women in a Ford Explorer drove by with “Rot in jail Casey Anthony” written on the window.
    Two teenagers and a 23-year-old from Christmas showed up carrying signs that read “Casey Anthony is a baby murderer and Rot in Jail” and “Who is the bigger liar? Cindy Anthony or Killer Casey? May God have mercy on you. God knows the truth and so does detectives. Baby killer!”
    “She deserves to go in jail,” said Ashley Griffin, 23, as she stood on the sidewalk in front of the Anthony house.
    James Harris, 15, who was there with his sister and mother, agreed.
    “The baby is dead,” he said.
    Harris’s mother, Cathy, said they plan to be out there every night at 7 p.m.
    She was there when members of Texas-based EquuSearch, a group of volunteers that help search for missing people, arrived in and went inside the house.
    When Cindy Anthony opened the door for the volunteers, Cathy Harris yelled “liar!”

These people just need to get a life or something…
    10:02PM CFNews 13 says she has been arrested on an economic violation. WTF does that mean?
    10:04PM I think I’m going outside for a smoke, maybe I can find some video by the time I get back in :(
    10:10PM Still haven’t had that smoke yet:

ORANGE COUNTY, Fla. (WOFL FOX 35, Orlando) –Casey Anthony the mother of missing toddler Caylee Anthony, is back in law enforcement custody.
    The arrest Friday night took place just after 8:30 pm from her parent’s home in East Orange County and happened as a large crowd of protesters on the street in front of the home. Casey Anthony was led from the home in handcuffs amid cheers from those gathered outside.
    She was then placed in an unmarked Sheriffs Office car and whisked from the scene.
    The Sheriffs Office said that the charges were fraud charges related to economic and not due to her daughters disappearance.

It sounds to me as if someone in the sheriff’s office decided that the crowd was going to get ugly and turn into a lynch mob. With Casey in jail they damn sure can’t hang her. I think I made that point earlier when I was raising hell about the assholes hanging out in front of the Anthony home.
    10:13PM It was for writing bad checks. She’s accused of stealing more than $600 from a friend (that would be Amy). I was wondering if charges would ever be filed on that. Her bond is $3000 but considering the ugly crowd in the area right now they may just leave her in jail to cool her heels.
    10:35PM has to take a little break there. RePete, the five-year-old got stung by a wasp or maybe bit by a spider, not sure. Had to get the wife to find the benadryl, now she’s hanging out with me so I can keep an eye on her.
    10:45PM – Jose Baez is claiming that it’s an attempt to rattle his client and was designed to put Casey Anthony in the worst possible light in front of the media. I honestly think that they did it to protect her from what has been shaping up to be a lynch mob myself. Contrary to what defense attorneys like Baez think law enforcement generally wants to protect us, even when the ‘us’ is a piece of crap like Casey Anthony.
    11:15PM – Other than discussions on the boards I think that’s all the news we are going to get tonight. I have to get up in five hours so I’m hitting the sack. Until tomorrow then…
    August 30th 5:55AM I found some video of the arrest from the AP. Listen to the fools screaming in it when she is taken from the house. Damn, that’s creepy. If it doesn’t sound like a lynch mob I don’t know what does and regardless of the charges I think the timing was set up as it was to protect her over the three day weekend.

This gives law enforcement a bit of time to shore up their case and also gives Texas EquuSearch some breathing room in which to hopefully find Caylee. I’m sure that they could go ahead and charge her but the evidence isn’t solid enough to 100% guarantee a conviction and if she’s found not guilty she can’t be retried for the crime. The police are better off biding their time and holding her on these petty charges until they can get enough evidence that she killed her daughter. I’ll post more Caylee Anthony updates as I get them. Have to head in to work until 2PM so if I do send any updates out it will be through Twitter and will show up here as well, but on the main page.
    August 30th 3:10PM – Nicole, in some of the other comments, clued me into the fact that Leonard Padilla and the group from California had decided to revoke Casey Anthony’s bond, so she is in jail indefinitely. She won’t go to court until November on the current charges so unless Caylee is found alive between now and then (which ain’t gonna happen) she’s stuck there. Probably the best place for her right now.
    Padilla revoked the bond early this morning.
    In addition to the $500,200 bond that she now has (once again) she is currently charged with Uttering a Forged Instrument, Fraudulent use of Personal Information and Petty Theft. She did see a judge on those charges this afternoon and bail is another $3,000 which is standard for those charges so in order to get out again she needs to come up with $503,200. And monkeys are gonna fly out of my butt.
    One thing I noticed when I stopped by the FOX mobile webcam thing is that the RV is either gone or has been moved to a different location. I guess since they rescinded Casey’s bond the Anthonys don’t want them parked out front anymore :)
    3:45PM OK, I found out over at Websleuths that Padilla has been gone since about 2:30 this morning. Someone made the comment that either he might be going back home or to Massachusetts. Only thing I know of up north that he might be interested in would be Giovanni Gonzalez.
    7:59PM Sprocket sent me a link to this Youtube video of Cindy doing an interview with the Today show…

As I mentioned in the comments below to Sprocket (who posts a lot about crime and criminals including the hunt for Caylee Anthony) he is right on the money about her drinking the Kool-aid. I do know one thing though, those folks outside of her house were just WAY out of hand.
    Technorati Links: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

Posted by Richard Miles @ 9:45 pm for Uncategorized |

22 Comments to "Casey Anthony Has Been Arrested Again…AND Her Bond Revoked by Padilla"

• Shadowscope says:

The Loss of a Child

Update August 29th 10:50PM – Casey has been re-arrested for writing bad checks. I’ve been doing stories, actually more reports, on missing people ever since Natalee Holloway disappeared in 2005. Something about them just draws me and I have to…

• Shadowscope says:

Padilla Revoking Casey Anthony’s Bond…Or Is He?

Update August 29th 10:50PM – Casey has been re-arrested for writing bad checks. Updated – August 29th 4:02PM Apparently Leonard Padilla’s main concerns over revoking Casey Anthony’s bond had to do with safety and security issues and says that as…

• Shadowscope says:

Decomposing Body Was in Casey Anthony’s Trunk

Update August 29th 10:50PM – Casey has been re-arrested for writing bad checks. Updated August 29th 5:33PM Casey Anthony’s bond revoked, to return to jail on Saturday? 7:30 AM – The Orlando Sentinel is now also reporting that the Orange…

• Shadowscope says:

Deputy Fired For Having Relations With Casey Anthony

Update August 29th 10:50PM – Casey has been re-arrested for writing bad checks. Updated August 29th 5:33PM Casey Anthony’s bond revoked, to return to jail on Saturday? Updated August 28th 2008 5:25PM Tests show that a decomposing body had been…

• Shadowscope says:

Texas EquuSearch Going to Florida

Update August 29th 10:50PM – Casey has been re-arrested for writing bad checks. Updated August 29th 5:33PM Casey Anthony’s bond revoked, to return to jail on Saturday? Texas EquuSearch is officially going to Florida to help on the Caylee Anthony…

• Shadowscope says:

Where is Caylee Anthony?

Update August 29th 10:50PM – Casey has been rearrested for writing bad checks. Updated August 29th 5:33PM Casey Anthony’s bond revoked, to return to jail on Saturday? Updated August 28th 2008 5:25PM Tests show that a decomposing body had been…

• Deborah Lazarus says:

I have been following this case for weeks now and there is one aspect that I have not seen addressed in the media. Remember the report that Casey had run up $40,000 in debt on a credit card(s) that belonged to her parents? I believe that she was given the card(s) to provide for the needs of Caylee, should the need arise. I do not believe that the parents ever dreamed that their daughter would take them for such a ride. So they put the kabash on it. So, when the well ran dry, and the parents were on vacation, Casey put an end to that precious little girl that she never wanted in the first place. In the final analysis, this is all over money. Casey viewed Caylee as the golden goose, but even the golden goose has limitations.

• Richard says:

I just don’t think that’s the case. I do think Casey Anthony was an irresponsible lying piece of crap but I don’t think that she deliberately took Caylee’s life. Sooner or later we will find out I suppose.

• Sprocket says:

Richard! What do you think of this deluded family that is playing twisted sister logic when it comes to the scientific evidence that there was a decomposing body in the trunk of Casey’s car?
      Cindy and George are both steadfast in their belief that even if there was a body in the trunk of the car, it wasn’t Caylee. George has said to the press that the body in that car wasn’t his granddaughters. And Cinty Anthony today, said that when the car was impounded, the guy at the impound lot only noticed the decaying food smell, and that’s why she is drinking the Kool-Aid Casey has been slipping her, and that Caylee is still alive. The dead body in the car was NOT her grandchild.
      See the latest Cindy Anthony interview on YouTube:

• Richard says:

I heard she was dismissing the DNA evidence as hocus-pocus. That’s some serious crap.
      I don’t guess I would want to be standing near her when she’s got a hammer in her hand if I were any of the press :)
      “We talked about why ‘people’ aren’t looking for Caylee”
      WTF? Definitely drinking the Kool-aid.
      “There was no odor in the car when it was picked up, therefore there was no body”
      Damn.
      I think that like Leonard and Tony Padilla Larry Garrison’s heart is in the right place but he needs to quit drinking the kool-aid and bail like the Padillas have done.
      I’m going to post the video from the interview above as well. Thanks for the link.

• groovy says:

I have to tell you that on channel 9 wftv.com they redid the pizza theory test . Well that car that was used belongs to my neighbor who works for channel 9 and lives right next door to me. I had to pass that car everyday to get my mail from the cluster mail box and have been next to that car once a week when I mow my lawn and NEVER EVER did I EVER smell anything coming from that car .. so no rotting pizza does NOT smell like a dead body !! These people are in such denial over their missing granddaughter. BTW my son went to Colonial High School with Casey and he has nothing nice to say about her — he told me that this whole sitation didn’t suprise him one bit and she is the last person in this world that should be a mother . He remembers her telling everyone in 9th grade that her dad had died in a car accident .. really odd right? I remember thats what she said about Caylee’s father too ! so is that her story of choice to tell everyone when she lies? also if you type in orange county clerk of the courts in a yahoo search it will bring you to online court records for Orange County … I looked up Casey out of curiosty and the charges aganist her are listed there. I also looked up her dad and it shows that he had filed divorce papers 4 months after Caylee was born . I think that their household was never a happy one . The whole thing is just very sad.

• Richard says:

I’ve been reading a bit about the Pizza test indirectly and just from personal experience I would have to agree with the results. Having kids we both know what it’s like to have food left accidentally in a car and it is nothing like a dead body in smell. Not even in the same ballpark.
      That is weird about her telling everyone her dad died.
      I’ve been over to the clerk of courts site but have not looked up George or Cindy’s records, just Casey but someone over at Websleuths reported on the divorce filings a while back. I’ll agree with you that the household doesn’t seem like the happy group they would prefer to look like.

• rebecca says:

Yes, I think we all know pizza eventually has no smell.
      A whole bunch of food, or maybe produce or meats — sure that will stink. But pizza? It eventually turns into cardboard like the box it came in! LOL.
      I’m not sure why everyone is so fixated on George and Cindy — lots of families go through strife, and not all families are happy – but that doesn’t mean that their kids are going to be messed up.
      To me, Casey has been coddled, spoiled and pampered her whole life; she calls the shots on everything to this day. When a child grows up with no boundaries — then they have no boundaries to fear. Couple that with someone who may actually be messed up in the head, and then you have someone who could possibly be capable of doing something horrible to their child. Or at a minimum – be involved to some degree.

• betty green says:

there is something i was wondering about with casey anthony. how can someone party , run around all the time with out a job . also it blows my mind to hear cindy anthony say she never saw or spoke with the baby sitter in all that time,. does not make sense to me. i think the baby is dead as bad as i hate to think that. how come somone close to casey didn’t see this coming.?it is crazy to think someone would try to bond with a child that is almost 3 years old when she was with the baby from birth. my heart hurts for the baby. she deserves soooo much better

• Richard says:

People do it all the time. I’ve been married and working in the same job for the last 22 years but prior to that I lived on my own from the time I was 16 until I was almost 20. I would occasionally be employed but for the most part I just bummed around and had a good time.
      With a kid, I don’t see how anyone could possibly do it but that’s mainly because I choose to live responsibly and take care of them.

• Richard says:

I certainly agree with you on the need for boundaries for children. I am probably on the extreme end of knowing where, when and how my children are doing something but it’s a darn site better than the alternative.

• betty green says:

thank you so much for the e-mail. i live in kentucky & am able to hear some of the updates on fox news or the nancy grace show.. i was so glad i found this website . i think the grandparents have some huge problems themselves. i have 6 children & also have grandchildren. i know in my heart if that was my grandchild missing i would not pamper my child & act like i believed everything they told me especially if i knew they were a liar like casey. how come they don’t make a plea for the babys safe return when they are on camera? i think they know a lot more than they are telling. if that was my grandchild missing i would not stop asking my child questions constantly day & night. i would be down on my knees begging for the truth.. i hope this child is safe with someone taking good care of her but i feel like she is dead. sleep in peace sweet baby

• LindaB says:

WHY hasn’t this story been covered on a daily basis???????????? What is the NEWS hounds hiding from the public?????????????? This story is not being covered,the story is VERY FISHY!!!!! The grandmother is covering her daughter too……THE PUBLIC HAS A RIGHT TO KNOW!!!
      WHERE IS CAYLEE???? DOES ANYONE CARE??????? I DO!!!! This innocent child has to be found!!!! OBVIOUSLY her mother and Grandmother are two really CRAZY,UNCARING,IDIOTS,THAT SHOULD BE CHARGED WITH HER DISAPPEARANCE!!!! THE MOTHER SHOWS NO SIGNS OF A GREIVING MOTHER!!!!!

• Richard says:

You’re being facetious right? Tell me you aren’t serious.

• BBrown says:

I’m sure this has been said, but anyway, if one of my little girls(3 and 2) went missing I would be frantic, scared and whatever other emotion comes with something this awful. What I wouldn’t do is wait 30 days before I reported her missing. That right there tells me everything I need to know about what happened to this little girl. Also, Anthony searched the Internet for info on chloroform and missing children. Come on, seriously?? If they are waiting to find the body to prosecute Anthony, well, we may never see her go to prison. In my opinion, there is plenty of evidence to convict this POS!! Why the judge doesn’t agree, I cannot understand.

• Richard says:

She’s been charged now, I think they finally decided they had enough forensic evidence to try her. There is still the possibility that the body will be found eventually but I doubt it will be before she is convicted. he judge has nothing to do with it and hasn’t ruled on the case as far as the homicide goes. That’s up to the State Attorneys anyway.
      You never know though, the folks from TES are very good at what they do. We might just be hearing news about recovering the body very soon.

• betty green says:

after all this time that has passed it seems caylee is no closer to being found. god bless tim miller & all the great people that give of themselves & their time to help search for this beautiful baby.. does anyone know where the anthonys are searching these days?. i really think te or are they more interested in setting up at wal-mart stores to collect blood money in caylees name i really think they know a lot more than they are telling. they have enabled that slut daughter of theirs for years & are still doing the same now,.. there is a petition online to stop cindy from getting money in the name of caylee.. they need to put caylee first & foremost instead of whining about how bad casey is being treated. she asked for what she is getting.. there is a thing in this world called honesty & truth. they should be thanking tim miller instead of always talking bad about him & putting him & le down. i pray caylee will be found & brought home to be laid to rest in peace. god bless caylee