• Uncategorized 26.12.2008

juliaquintana.jpg

Updated – Joaquin Deanda has been arrested for the murder of Julie Quintana. The rest of the update is at the bottom of the entry.
    Julia Quintana (myspace) was last seen by her family around 6pm this past Saturday. When she didn’t come home her mother reported her missing to the Kearny County, Kansas Sheriff as well as the Garden City Police Department. Unfortunately since there wasn’t any kind of evidence that she had been kidnapped or was in imminent danger police wouldn’t issue and Amber Alert. Missing kids don’t necessarily qualify for an Amber Alert unless they meet certain criteria designed by each state. Sounds like bullshit to me but that’s why I don’t get to make the laws I guess.
    Julie’s friends and family handed out fliers on Sunday and Monday in the Garden City area with her picture and contact information on them and the Garden City Police Department followed up on several leads after interviewing her friends and family. Her car, a Pontiac Aztek, was found abandoned near Finnup Park (in Garden City) on Sunday but it wasn’t until Tuesday morning that she was found.

After a tip led police to a home in Garden City Julie’s body was found in a dumpster behind the home. A search warrant was served on the home late Tuesday afternoon and police searched the house Tuesday as well as yesterday. Police aren’t saying whether the people that live there are suspects in the homicide or not. It just doesn’t seem likely that someone would kill a girl and then dump her in their own trashcan, so I have my own theories on this one but I guess you never know how stupid someone is going to be.

Julie’s MySpace page, or at least the cached copy of it, doesn’t really show anything out of the ordinary. Normal teenage stuff except for the fact that Julie seemed so upbeat. The about me section has been changed by her parents since her death as parents seem to do pretty quickly when something this horrendous has happened but the original read:

Hey name is Julia Quintana!! im 16 almost 17, turning 17 March 18.. Im probably one of the weiredest girls u will EVER meet.. And no i do not live my life off of gossip and i am NOT concited i just like talking about the good things in life.. I am bipolar so when im not dwn i cant stop thinkin about how much i do have right in front of me.. i admire life, friends and my mom!! my mom is oh so amazing!!! lol and my friends are so incredibly awesome!! here are the firends i hang with the most Katie, courtney, luke, andrew, steven, and erick. oh yeah one BIG thing about me is my !!hairr!! i have an obsession with dying my hair!!i prolli die it like twice a month sometimes 3!! yeah i kno its bad for me BUT im julie i dnt listen!! neways my fav. sports are TRACKK, XC, Wrestling, and Boxing!! yeah im different not ur average GIRL lol.. one thing is im not a girly girl.. not a tom boy either. oh and one thing i hate are girls who are fake!! there so caty!! if ur fake, trampy, self absorbed, one of those girls who PRETEND there blonde, a backstabbing slut plz dnt talk to me!!!! dnt think u can fool me either im aware of ur kind!! and if u hate me go fuck yourself.. take me as i am! i dnt change for no one! and i dnt listen to ne one!! i do as i please unless ur my mom thats a different story!! well bibi

The new about me section explains that Julie is no longer with us and asks us to pray that she is in a better place. I’m not a praying man but if it makes you feel better go for it. Several friends of Julie’s have stopped by and left nice comments at her MySpace page as well. They were informed of the find while at school Tuesday.
    Police aren’t commenting on a manner of death until an autopsy is complete and the results released so I will try and get this updated before the weekend.
    Update – There have been some comments here about julie having been killed by a boyfriend and that appears to be the case although Police and the media are reporting him as a former classmate of hers. 17-year-old Joaquin Deanda of Garden City was arrested this past Sunday on charges of First-degree Murder, Rape, Aggravated Criminal Sodomy and Felony Obstruction of Legal Process in Connection with the death of Julia Quintana. The autopsy showed that Julie died from suffocation and a broken neck.
    I don’t normally edit or delete comments unless they are spam and I also don’t usually care much about foul language but I guess there is a line there somewhere, so please be aware that I do read each and every comment and that if it is too disgusting and offers nothing of interest to the discussion other than your sick fantasies I will delete it and ban you from the server.

Posted by Richard Miles @ 5:17 am for Uncategorized |

41 Comments to "Who Killed Julie Quintana?"

• anonymous says:

R.I.P. julie. i will miss u…

• Sherree! says:

R.I.P. Julie..
      I didn’t really know you very well but we had commented each other back and forth a little on Myspace… You were a really nice girl and you were totally unique and awesome. You were one of the prettiest girls i know like for real. And you do all kinds of sports and you didn’t really care what others thought or had to say negative about you.. I admire you for that. Its a shame someone had to be murdered in our somewhat peaceful town but why you? You had so much to live for dude. Anyways, it just goes to show that anything can happen at anytime. Don’t overlook that. Live your life while you can and love others around you while theyre still here.
      RIP Julie Quintana
      Love, Sherree

• sad says:

its sad her family are in my prayers

• Anonymous says:

I still have her on my myspace… it’s really sad. We never really talked much except a few times being over at her house at like 7:40 in the morning ready to take her to school, but she was a good girl. Teachers talk and it makes me mad too. Some say she was possibly a drug addict, some say some crazy stuff. I mean, I didn’t know Julie to the T, but I know she was too good to do any of that stuff. She was calm, relaxed, and a sweet girl. She will be missed.
      R.I.P. Julie

• erika says:

NO LA CONOSIA PERO SE SIENTE FEO Q PASE ESO A UNA PERSANA Q APENAS ENPESABA A DISFRUTAR D LA VIDA.MIS MAS SENTIDO PESAME A TODA LA FAMILIA.QUE DESCANSES EN PAZ

• elias says:

i didnt kno her i knw tha killa the cops do to it was her x and yes he was dumb enuff to leave the poor girl in his own dumpster cops are the 24/7 last i hurd he tried to kill him self his in st marys phyc ward i ouht he was my frind im sorry julia i woulda stopped hjm had i known its all my fualt plz dont hate me i woulda took a bullet for u u were so young

• no name says:

as an add one to the post above
      i hurd there was up to 3 killers one was juakeen for somthing like that i guess her x the othere jorden and devin hazlet friends of the x

• no name says:

almost for got and yes she was into drugs as friends from gc will tell you she hung out with the sence kids who are into drugs a few will admit to smoking weed with her and thats how most of the ppl that i knew her know here the day she was killed they were roboting is what i hurd they went to walmart to get nyguil to get a cheap high and then to pick her up yo go to a birthday party as you know she never made it but yes she was into drugs as for an addict idk

• Anonymous says:

This is a very sick crime!! I just hope the guy(s) who did this are served justus! and if not on earth then in Hell! I dont care who a person does or is into no one deserves to die like she did…RIP Girl!! Your family is in my prayers!!

• Chrissy says:

i didnt know julie very well….we went to skewl together and she was always nice and fun to be around…..i think its bullsh*t that ppl are talkin crap on her!! she was a very wonderful person that was fun to be around……..R.I.P JULIE i will never forget you!!!

• nameless says:

It doesn’t matter if she did drugs or not. People are shameless. The police are fucking up royally too. They don’t care about murders, they’re too busy arresting drunks and potheads. They need to arrest the killers before some vigilante does their job for them. Write your newspaper, tell them the police are fucking off. Flood their mailbox.

• jennifer says:

RIP, Julie. I hope they find who did this to you and make them pay. Regardless of whether she liked Nyquil or not, she didn’t deserve what was done to her and she seemed like a sweet girl with her heart in the right place, based upon her MySpace.

• elias says:

red the http://www.gctelegram.com/ it will tell you what you need to know that she was assulted and it was what word on the street was juakeen
      saddly i knew this kid… there still might be one or more ppl involved they’ll get theres soon

• eric says:

Julie I miss You, i cant beleive that he did that to you.
      To all You People Talkin Shit
      JULIE NEVER DID DRUGS! U better not let me catch u sayin that in person, it aint rite 2 disrespect like that. So all of the people who disrepect my dear homegirl can burn in hell with the killer.
      Cuz actin like that ur no better than he is
      Julie I love and miss You, Never forget me Ill C u again sumday but until then ill keep ur memory alive
      REST ~N~ PEACE JULIE QUINTANA

• NAMELESS says:

i hope he pays for wat he has done. God will punish him to the fullest and who ever else may be involved. Prayers are with Julia, family and friends!

• gc resident says:

very sad story just hope the truth finally comes out since there has been so many different stories of what happened. The murder or murderers have to pay for what they did to this poor girl who knows how much she suffered. I dont know how there could be SICK ppl out there!! They will all be judged if not here defintely by god!

• isabel soto says:

damn i still cant belive dat she is gone…all i now is dat she will nv be forgoten n hopeful dat dey caught dat bitch dat did it to her!!!!!damn she was so young i wish i cud have spent time with her one last time n hopefuly eva one wishes da same der was no fukn reason for killn her she was a poor inecent girl…damn julie all i now is dat u will nv be forgoten eva though u were hardly in deerfield with us!!!!!!last time i saw her was on a friday or thur. otha than dat i think i wud hav talkd to her for da last time if i had nown she was goin to get killd…ULL NEVA BE FORGOTN DATS FOR GUD!!!! BUH-BYE :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(
      (*R.I.P JULIE QUINTANA*)

• ><><>< says:

whoever said that she did drugs or someshit like that needs to keep thier mouth shut because they are disrespectful. she never did any of that stuff. me and her talked all the time, mostly through texts. we never hung out once. but me and her knew each other really good. nobody ever knew that we talked so mch. idk y. but she is exaclt how she explains herself in the “about me” thing. me and her always talked about how stupid people are when they like to conform with others and how everybody is turning into robots, just like the stupid people of deerfield. she never liked going to school thhere because of how people were there. she told me herself. she was a good friend and a good person to talk to. show some respect for her please, that means if u hear a rumor about her dont go off telling the whole world about it untill u have the fuckin facts.whoever is still friends with her murderer then fuckin rott in hell u fuckin pussyfucks. and her murderer doesnt deserve prison. he deserves for her famiily and friends to get ahold of his perverted ass. i hope HE gets raped and sodomised in prison and gets stabbed in the ass and dickhole with a knife. i miss you julie and i know your in a better place, especially away from all these faggot robots and conformists. love u :’(

• anonymous says:

well that’s so sad what happened to her pobre morrita she was so young! i hope that the mudaFucker who did it gets burn in hell maldito vato hijo de perra!! we don’t need monsters like that pussyfuck! anyways we’ll miss u girl!
      but somthing else i think that the police,,,didn’t did what they suppose to do..and now here’s the result of their mistakes!

• fuck yourselves says:

Message deleted for Content. Watch your mouth.

• gene rivera says:

julie i love & miss u babe u were my girl, i hope hoo ever did this to u burns & dies in hell u were a great girl and i still dont understand why i had to be u babe uhh y u but now i now u are in a beda place babe i no u are and well i no ur watching over all of us and every time u look down ur gana see all uv us lookin up at chu like i have said ur my shining star in the sky and my angel juss now u will neveer be forgotten babe u will always be in our hearts & hoo ever did this to u will neva be able to tak tht away frm us jus know that i will be up there with you sooner or later ok babygirl
      i love you and r.i.p julia quintana u will never be forgotten babe

• Anonymous says:

Honestly, If you think about it, this murder could have been commited by ANYONE. Joaquin was arrested for being a suspect.
      Plus, Joaquin and Julie never went out… I know that for a fact.
      Joaquin wasn’t the smartest person on earth, but I think he’d be a bit smarter than to throw he away in his own dumpster.
      I also find the fact that the police acted on a tip a bit suspicious. Who could have possibly known about it? And, the rumor that Joaquin turned himself in is false as well as the rumor about his Mom calling the cops.
      I would know, since I spoke to Joaquin’s mother on the 23rd. Joaquin and his mother are practically family to me.

• no name says:

ok the comments i post i did not mean for people to take offence to you can ask some of her friends in gc such as andii tomavosa or what ever she will tell u or uriel he will to that they smoked with her…
      theres some things you got to hear that you dont want to some times im just saying that maybe just maybe she went over to his house to get high…. but i dont think so a friend told me that he saw juaquin and jordan getting some medicane for latter robooting or what ever its called but that they where going to hit up this girl named “julie” they didnt give a last name but who does in a random conversation but that they where going to hit up julie and go to a birthday party with here…ironic where was she going that she never mad it… welll maybe she wasnt going to get high maybe she was just stoping by so they could take her but maybe…just maybe she was going to go get high…and as for the person who left that comment that its not him…dna was found on the body….placing him with her before she died….plz i knew the killer too a child hood friend but….he changed so much hes not the same kid…dont bullshit your self…he did it….

• Anonymous says:

Yeaah.
      It was him.
      A cop friend said they found her hair under his bed.
      And apparently he was super shady at the interview.
      You know it was Joaquin
      Ever since he lit his room on fire and almost burnt the entire place down, he’s been a nut.
      Don’t kid yourself.
      Joaquin is a lunatic.

• anonymous says:

omg!!!!…..they found her hair under his bed?…how sick!!! and yea, he had to have done it! otherwise he’d be out! DNA dnt lie!!!….i didnt kno joaquin but he sounds like one crazy ass BOY!!!….and what do u mean he was bein shady?….like jus not answerin questions ur what?….
      oh and IF she got high a few times, who cares! if she did more than that…..it aint nobodys bizzness! ppl do worse shyt, like KILL!! worry bout that instead of whether or not she got high!!….lames!!

• anonymous says:

i dont think wheather she got high or did drugs is important! this kid looks like hes 12 how did he carry a least 100 pounds of dead weight to a dumpster with out anyone seeing him…..i think he must have had help. and if he did i hope the get what they deserve too! No matter what Julie did or didnt do no one deserves to die at such a young age and expecally like that. but the fact is that the dumb ass did it and deserves what he gets! if hes crazy like they say he is he better not get away with it for criminal insanity! He knew what he was doing the dummy! RIP girl! You were very loved!

• Norbit says:

Anonymous above is correct. It does not matter whether she did drugs or not. That is no reason to blacken the memory of the dead or suggest that her murder is a less heinous crime because she may have smoked pot, drank Nyquil, or was a “drug addict.” Bottom line is, someone chose to take a life for their own selfish reasons with no regard for the victim. The same mercy and regard for life should be paid to him.

• (*GC*) says:

im just telling it like it is. I didnt knw julia but i knew some of her frineds. Im a senior at garden city high school and i knew joaquin to a t, well i thought i did. If you would of asked me if he could have done something like this when i was in the eighth grade i would of said no way. but that just goes to show that you dont relally knw someone. I went to julia’s funeral and there were alot of people there. She will be missed and remembered. I hope that Joaquin gets tried as an adult. I feel for her mom and her family, they didnt expect to lose their loved one so soon and in such a horrible way!!! And why are you guys talking crap for? This why nobody likes it here. No on knws how to keep their mouth shut! Just shut your mouths. How the hell would you like it if it was one of your family members and ppl were saying crap like that, what the hell would you be saying or thinking? Duz it matter if she tried drugs b4 not like ppl dont do that crap here in gc or deerfield neway, so get over urselves. If you guys cant say anything nice about her then y the hell say nething at all. U guyz have nuthing else to do then talk crap!!!
      we knw ur in a better place Julie!!! Keep an eye on your family girl cuz they love you so much!

• Sky says:

ELIAS: DO YOU NOT GET IT? IT DOESN’T MATTER WHETHER SHE WENT TO GET HIGH OR NOT! PERHAPS YOU SHOULD JUST GO FIND SOMETHING TO DO OTHER THAN COME ON HERE TO SPREAD YOUR POISON. NO MATTER WHAT SHE WAS DOING THERE, SHE HAD AN ABSOLUTE RIGHT TO BE SAFE FROM SOME SCUMS BRUTAL BEHAVIOR. THE ONLY PERSON AT FAULT WAS THE PERSON OR PERSONS WHO DID THIS TO THIS YOUNG LADY. YOU SLANDERING HER AFTER THE FACT ISN’T DOING ANY GOOD NOR IS IT SMART. HE WOULD HAVE DONE THIS TO HER WHETHER SHE WAS HIGH OR NOT. SO STOP TEARING UP HER MEMORY. TO CONTINUE TO DO THAT MAKES YOU LOOK LIKE A LOW LIFE AS WELL.

• a friend of Joaquin's says:

ALL U GUYS NEED TO GET OVER IT! WHAT WAS DONE WAS DONE. YES IT WAS/IS SAD BUT HELL!!! WHY KEEP ON WITH THIS?? NO ONE KNOWS FOR SURE WHAT HAPPEND….WHO WAS THERE?? NOBODY!!!! SO STOP TRYING TO FIGURE OUT WHAT HAPPEND AND STOP TELLING THESE STORIES. GROW UP PEOPLE AND GET A LIFE. DAMN!!
      FOR THE RECORD I DO KNOW JOAQUIN “KINO” AND HIS MOM. AND NONE OF THE THINGS THAT ANYONE HAS STATED ABOUT HIM IS TRUE. AND FOR THOSE OF YOU WHO SAY YOU KNOW HIM YOUR FULL OF IT. HE’S WAS MY FRIEND THEN AND NOW AND WILL ALWAYS BE MY FRIEND.
      SO KEEP IT REAL STOP WITH ALL THIS B/S

• nameless says:

“a friend of Joaquin’s” you need to keep YOUR mouth shut! How the hell can you ay that some ppl dont know him? What the hell do you knw about me to say that i didnt knw him. And i hope that YOUR friend rots in hell cuz thats where hes going and youll c him there if you think what he did is ok or that its not that important. Duz it matter whether anyone was there or not? The day after she was found ppl were already saying that Joaquin had killed her. If your damn friend was so smart then why the hell would ppl knw it was him? You wanna knw why, its cuz he CANT KEEP HIS DAMN MOUTH SHUT JUST LIKE YOU!!!!! you would say “what was done is done” huh, becuz it didnt happen to someone you cared about. So dont be going aroung like it affects you cuz it doesnt. YOUR FRIENDS WITH A DAMN MURDERER AND YOU SEEM TO BE OK WITH THAT! before you go around saying that no one really knws what happened, just remember that Julia will never be able to confront her killer. I just hope that when Joaquin sleeps at nite that he sees the girl that he killed and I hope that she haunts the hell out of him. Thats what he deserves!!!

• Another friend of Joaquin's says:

Nameless, it’s very easy to say that people don’t know him because people DON’T know him! If you did you wouldn’t write the things you did. The Joaquin that his real friends and family know is a good person, it really doesn’t matter what he did or didn’t do, his friends and family know the real him and will always love him. And no one Was there, no one really knows anything about what really happened that night, not you or me or anyone else on here. People talk so fast because Garden City is a small town, and people are quick to put stories together, but these stories are silly and can’t all be believed. The only thing that’s real is evidence that actual detectives have found, not people saying they know people who know people who are working on the case. You can hope whatever you want for him, but in the end the only one who has the right to judge him is God, not you, or anyone else for that matter. It’s understandable that you’re mad, a little girl is dead, and that’s a horrible thing, but all the anger and accusations in the world aren’t going to bring her back. So yes, what’s done is done, it’s a mean thing to say, I guess, but it just means there’s no going back. I grieve for the loss of that little girl and her family, and I grieve for the loss of Joaquin, still just a little boy, and his family.

• Amanda(Julias Kuzin) says:

If thats your family you have a sick family sorry!!! People say he is depressed, well that he has always been, and hes striaght up crazy!!! Julie was My Kuzin and this was a sick crime that evil sicko comitted!! And since he was so sick he was probaly sick enough to put her in the dumbster when really he is the trach on this earth he serves no purpose!! He will geet wats Kumin to him one way or another..

• Amanda(Julias Kuzin) says:

Your friend is a sick freak i believe in a eye for an eye hes trash a sicko and for all i know you probly helped…who Knows!! Find a new friend maybe one that isnt a pig!!!!

• YO UGLY FACE says:

COMMENT DELETED FOR CONTENT

• AND YET ANOTHER FRIEND OF JOAQUIN'S says:

WE ARE ALL SORRY FOR WHAT HAS HAPPEND, I KNOW THAT HIS FAMILY IS ALSO VERY SORRY. I KNOW HIS MOM CRY’S FOR BOTH HER SON AND JULIE. AND I DON’T THINK IT’S RIGHT FOR PEOPLE TO SAY THE THINGS THEY ARE SAYING ABOUT JOAQUIN.

• jus anotha girl says:

you people are sick…this young girl did not deserve to die like that if you guys would agree you wouldnt say sick shit like dat…her mother prolly reads this shit n u think she gona like knowing that stuff about her baby?? u guys have no heart…instead of you saying nice things about her u guys are making it harder for the people that love her…whoever dosent see it that way is wrong ur gona have kids one day and youll kno how it feels…hopefully things dont happen to them jus like things happend to mrs.quintanas baby kuz thats wat she was her BABY i dint kno u at all julie but u and all of ur family and friends are in my prayers..
      you were a beautiful girl and you will neva b forgoten i can assure yu that…
      RIP JULIE QUINTANA…

• no name says:

yes i did no him but if u want to get into it none of us did…who could have seen this shit coming…i thought i knew the kid he had been to my house i had even partied with him once or twice when he moved away he came back difernt it wasnt the same kid i met in 7th grade when he first moved here to gc… idk no matter what we say and do…it wont bring julie back (even if we wish it could) i guess its just another way of bringing closer… and if u ask his friends besides these numb nuts saying that they were his friends… im notgoing to name names but they’ll tell you he did it there was a txt fying around saying Rip julia quintana and i sent it to most of his friends…ethere they didnt reply or they said…”dude you know he did it right” was one txt i got back…when i text back who (already know “he” was) i got know reply…so…stfu BK you act like you were good friends but the friends i always saw him with will str8 up telll u ur stupid for feeding ur self this “crap” quit lying to ur self… lattta

• a friend from the alternative says:

see did you see that?NO WHERE in her myspace did she say KAREN was one of her besties! Karen just acted like it! Just because karen took pics with her right b4 she passed away doesnt mean they were bff cuz i knew for a fact they werent! i miss julie tho!
      and karen?hahaha your fake! you werent julies bff she and i both know that katie was!

• Robyn says:

The guy that did this to my best friend was NOT her boyfriend. She was an amazing girl.. I miss her so much i cant stand it! I’ll be with her soon though…
      Julie, Our Princess Nana: Rest In Peace. Love you always & Forever!
      When you left I couldn’t breathe knowing that you had to leave.
      I couldn’t keep you from going away, I’d do anything for you to stay
      The thought of you not here with me, can drive someone so damn crazy!
      You don’t know how much you do, this is how much I love you
      I’d kill someone and that’s a sin, but anything to see you again
      I’d jump a cliff, break every bone, to be with you so your never alone
      I’d give up all the money I don’t have, just to hear your dorky laugh
      I’ll give Lifetime and LMN, just to see you once again
      Now if this poem wasn’t clear give me a call, I’ll always be here, for you anyways. Love you!
      P.S I miss you..

• Megz says:

Julie I will Miss you always. Your in a better place now tho . Hope things are goin good for you!!
      Miss & Love you lots