• Uncategorized 28.10.2009

debralefave

While certainly not the first educator to ever have sex with a student Debra Lafave was one of the first to be seriously prosecuted for it and ushered in the current trend of outing the small percentage of teachers who consider their profession to be entry into a dating pool.

Lafave was originally arrested in 2004 for having sex with a 14-year-old student. She pleaded to a lesser charge in late 2005 and was placed on three years of house arrest to be followed by seven years of probation. Part of her deal was not to have any contact with children.

LaFave’s attorney is asking the court for limited contact with a small group of children, namely those in her family and friends. LaFave recently finished her sex offender ‘treatment’ program that she’s been participating in since 2005.

I am sort of on the fence on this one. Obviously we can all see what a PITA it would be not to be able to have any contact with family members when their children are around but then again perhaps she should have thought about it before doing the horizontal bop with a 14-year-old child. What do you think it?

Updated 10/29/09 – Now that I’ve had a day to sit back (not really) and wonder what the hell I was thinking when I posted this I see that the judge ruled earlier today in Lafave’s request.

Not only did the judge give her permission to have supervised contact with the children of family and friends but Judge Wayne S. Timmerman decided that since she had finished her sex offender therapy she can have unsupervised “apprpriate” contact with any minors (other than her victim).

What a crock of shit.

Posted by Richard Miles @ 5:22 am for Uncategorized |

7 Comments to "Updated – Debra Lafave Wants Contact With Kids"

• Janet says:

Shadow: I think she just got arrested again for breaking the conditions of her release. I will do some checking and let you know.

• Richard says:

If I recall correctly she was arrested in 2008 (maybe early 2009?) for violating the conditions when she met with/had a private conversation with a 17-year-old girl. The judge felt that she had not violated the conditions of her release and dropped the matter. Nothing recent though as far as I know.

• jo says:

I think she ought to STFU and finish her sentence.

• Bogustoo says:

Why should she get a lesser sentence than a male teacher would? One of the conditions of her release is that she can’t have contact with children. She should just close her big yap and finish her sentence.

• Richard says:

Really she shouldn’t have been allowed home confinement in the first place. She should be in jail until her sentence is up.

• Bogustoo says:

I agree with you. Unfortunately, women that commit sexual crimes aren’t given the same harsh penalties that men are given.
      She was already given home confinement, which a man would not have been given. She should just STFU and deal with it.

• Richard says:

You are 100% right about the sentences. I usually stay pretty pissed off about that too. I must have been fucked in the head up the day I wrote this post. Don’t know what the hell got into me.