Thursday Thirteen #5 – Thirteen Songs on My Motorola Q
Sort of a simple list of thirteen, but they are some of my favorite songs.
- (We’re Gonna) Rock Around The Clock – Bill Haley and His Comets. A bit before my time but I love good old rock & roll.
- 21st Century Schizoid Man – King Crimson – I love the first couple of albums that King Crimson put out with Greg Lake. Their other stuff is also pretty good but I started listening to Emerson, Lake & Palmer as a kid and he is one of my favorite vocalists of all time.
- Baby Please Don’t Go – Willy and the Poor Boys. These Arms of Mine is actually ‘our song’ but this is one of my favorites off of the album.
- Beverly Hills – Weezer. I don’t know what it is but I really like this song.
- Blister in the Sun – Violent Femmes.
- Bone Machine – The Pixies. I started listening to the Pixies just this past year and there isn’t much that they did that I don’t like.
- Caught in a Dream – Alice Cooper. One of my all time favorite artists.
- Go to Hell – Alice Cooper. This entire album just rocks.
- Headhunter – Krokus. An anthem of sorts.
- Hell’s Motel – MD45. The original version with Lee Ving (Fear) rather than the remaster that has Dave Mustaine doing all of the lyrics. The remaster was crap compared to the original.
- House of the Rising Sun – The Animals
- In the Evening – Led Zeppelin. Soon to be available on iTunes W00t!
- Seven Nation Army – The White Stripes.
Nothing spectacular but I love music and each of these really entertains me.
The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!
View More Thursday Thirteen Participants