I’ve been using Charter internet access ever since it became available out here in the boondocks a few years back. Prior to that I had DSL through Bellsouth. While I liked having a static IP address (which I had to pay extra for) Charter High Speed is certainly much faster than DSL ever was, at least for me.
One of the other things I liked about it is that in order to get Charter High-Speed I don’t have to have any of their other services. I do have cable of course, but they don’t force you. With DSL, the phone company said I would have to pay for a phone line in order to get DSL. What the heck is up with that? We have two cell phones here, why would I want or even need a land line?
Anyhow, they have this limited-time offer thing going on right now that I wish I were eligible for. You can get Charter High-Speed for $14.99 a month, try the first 30 days risk-free and when you sign up online you get a $25 Shell gas gift card. The 30 day risk-free thing is a 30 day window for cancellation just in case you aren’t happy with their service.
Some other benefits to being a Charter High Speed customer include:
- Get the fastest and most reliable Internet speeds available- Get speeds up to 5Mbps to surf up to 90X faster than 56kbps dial- up and 3X as fast as 1.5Mbps DSL!
- Automatic protection from viruses, hackers and spam – Charter High-Speed Security SuiteÆ has the fastest response to new virus threats and best virus detection.
- 10 e-mail accounts – enough for the whole family plus 20MB of Web space.
- Download in seconds, not minutes plus a reliable always-on, always-fast connection.
- Exclusive content on charter.net- get your news, weather, local movie listings and more!
Go check out the web page if you get some time and see what I am talking about.