So the next thing I decided to tackle on the board was the default user settings screen on my board.
I initially attempted to change the text strings in my baja menu source by using the REPLACE_TEXT command in it. That apparently won’t work for whatever reason, so I had to edit the text.dat directly. Be very careful when you edit your text.dat file because you can royally screw things up here.
What I did was to create the entire screen in Ansi and then save each line as a separate file at which point I replaced the text like so:
Make sure to leave the line between prompt 493 and 494 as it is or you’ll mess things up.
This is what it looks like now.
I don’t have any plans to replace the header and footer strings at the moment although I might attempt to do that later. It was actually pretty easy, just a bit of copy and replace. Make sure to only use the string itself, don’t add the ending ESC[255D if your ansi editor inserts it at the end of the file.