If you had an account on the old BBS and supplied an email address, your account has been migrated to the new setup. As I had to do each one by hand, it’s quite possible that I made mistakes so let me know if that’s the case and I’ll fix it. As long as you…Read more
Several new games online now. Looking for a copy of Lord32 and will add it and several others as time permits. You can access the board via telnet at telnet://bbs.shadowscope.com or from the site at this page
Rather than run a virtual machine I’ve kept my Mystic setup on my Win 10 64bit desktop just because it uses less resources that way. I was finding that my system was bogging down. Until I can get some of the other stuff offloaded to a Raspberry Pi I have Plex, Jackett, Sonarr and several…Read more
Shadowscope BBS is back online and the move is complete (sort of lol.) The message networks have all been moved as have a large portion of the games. I will put my Ansi and menus back up over the next few weeks and doing some tweaking but the hard stuff is all finished. Now for…Read more
There were some issues with Lunatix crashing and marking people as being logged in even though they weren’t. That has been fixed. Sorry about that if you got stuck not being able to log in.
I could really use some help with WP from an “expert” Currently shadowscope is installed in it’s own subdirectory off of my main site but I have it resolve to shadowscope.com In order to do that I had to make sure that my .htaccess pointed in the correct direction. Everything seems to work OK. You…Read more
Roger Shays has put up a Fastecho tutorial for those interested. Thanks Roger. You can find it here.
I had to change one line in the prompt below. Where it says @SMB_LAST_MSG@ that should read @SMB_TOTAL_MSGS@. The last message @-Code gives a total number of messages in the sub including deleted, dupes, etc…which may not match what the system actually shows. I found that out in some of the message bases that have…Read more
So the next thing I decided to tackle on the board was the default user settings screen on my board. I initially attempted to change the text strings in my baja menu source by using the REPLACE_TEXT command in it. That apparently won’t work for whatever reason, so I had to edit the text.dat directly….Read more